You can track the status of your geographical indication (GI) application on the Register of Geographical Indications. Refer to our guide on how to search for GIs.
Correspondence issued by IPOS regarding your GI application will be sent electronically to the IPOS Digital Hub Account.
If you have filed geographical-related forms online via IPOS Digital Hub,
- New correspondence issued by IPOS regarding your geographical indication application/registration will be sent electronically to your IPOS Digital Hub inbox. At the same time, an email alert regarding the new correspondence in your IPOS Digital Hub inbox will be sent to the email address that you have used to register your IPOS Digital Hub account with us.
- You can keep track of new correspondence issued by IPOS by:
- Adding emails from IPOS Digital Hub to your safe sender list, and checking your email inbox (including spam/junk mail folders) to avoid missing out on email updates. If your email address is no longer in use, you should log in to your IPOS Digital Hub account, and update your email address by clicking on the "Edit Profile" button. Otherwise, you will not be able to receive the email alerts timely.
- Logging in to your IPOS Digital Hub account regularly to check the latest correspondence issued by IPOS.
- For IPOS Digital Hub Business Account users, you are encouraged to ensure that General Administrator access role has been assigned to you to receive correspondence issued by IPOS.
To ensure that the correspondences issued by IPOS are directed to the correct party, you should update the
details regarding the applicant, registrant or agent of the GI application when there are changes.
Refer to the procedure(s) here.