Kindly note that IPOS is not able to guarantee the accuracy of the search results. Please view the full terms, conditions and disclaimers of use on the IP2SG website.
- What types of search are available on IP2SG?
- Simple search
- Advanced search
- Abstract & specification search
- Journal search
The full list of search criteria available can be found in the search interface here.
- What information is available in the Patent Register
The Patents Register contains basic bibliographic information, status information (e.g. events which have occurred) and renewal details. For applications filed after the commencement of the new legislation on 14 February 2014, entries on the Patents Register would be made only when the applications are published (i.e. when the abstract has been published and the file is made available for public inspection).
- What is a Patent Specification?
The Patent Specification refers to the description, claims and drawings (if any) of the invention. An applicant is required to fully disclose his invention in the application (i.e. what it is and how it works). Specifications are only available for published applications and patents (i.e. made available for public inspection).
- Is information on patents filed outside Singapore available on the IP2SG website?
No. The IP2SG database only contains information on Singapore patent applications and patents.
- How can I find out more about patent applications and patent-related procedures?
Please visit the IPOS website for more information. Alternatively, you may submit your enquiry here.
- How long will it take for the IP2SG database to be updated with information from online submissions via the EOS?
The IP2SG database will, as far as possible, be updated within the same day the online submissions via the EOS are successfully made.
- Do I need to be a registered user to perform searches and/or download information?
No. You do not have to be a registered user to access these services. Use of the search engine and downloading of information are available on the public portal.
- Is it possible to request for the inspection of a file?
Yes, you may request to do so for patents applications and registered designs applications by submitting a request on Form CM10 to IPOS. Please note that Form CM10 is only available for electronic filing via the EOS by a registered user. Once the file is ready for inspection, you will be notified to inspect the file electronically on the IP2SG website.
- How do I search for similar trade marks on IP2SG?
To search for similar trade marks on IP2SG, please click here and select the option “Trade Marks Similar Mark”. Key in a maximum of five words and/or five Chinese characters to being your search. You may also indicate the relevant Class number(s) in order to narrow the search results. If you need to search across more than five words and/or Chinese characters, you may do a second search for the additional words and/or characters.
- How do I conduct a registered designs search on IP2SG?
To conduct a registered designs search on IP2SG, please visit the Public Search & Enquiry section and select from, among others, the following search options: class and sub-class, article name, status of designs, etc.