Parties in IPOS proceedings can request for mediation at any time before we decide on the outcome of the case. If you wish to apply for funding of mediation costs under the Enhanced Mediation Promotion Scheme by IPOS, please also inform us in advance.
You will be given time to specifically consider your dispute resolution options, after the pleadings (Statement of Grounds and Counter-Statement) have been filed, before completing and returning to us a signed Notification to Registrar.
Once you let us know of your intention to mediate, we will generally suspend the IPOS proceedings for mediation to take its course.
More details on WIPO Mediation for IPOS proceedings can be found here
|If both parties agree to mediate
|If you wish to propose mediation to the other party
- Both parties jointly complete one Request for WIPO Mediation
- Either party sends the Request for WIPO Mediation to the WIPO Center Office in Singapore by email (email@example.com), as well as to the other party and IPOS
- The WIPO Center will contact the parties about the next steps of the mediation procedure, the appointment of the mediator and the mediator's fees
- Complete sections 1, 2 and 3a of the Request for WIPO Mediation
- Send the Request for WIPO Mediation to the WIPO Center Office in Singapore by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as to the other party and IPOS
- The WIPO Center will approach the other party to help them in considering the Request for WIPO Mediation
The WIPO Center is non-profit, and requires only a low administration fee that has been heavily discounted under our collaboration. To further keep costs low, the parties can choose to mediate at the WIPO Singapore Office (29 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, #06-16, Singapore 119620) free of charge.
|WIPO Center's Administration Fee
|SGD 50 per party
||SGD 500 per party (includes 4 hours of preparation and mediation)
Additional hours - SGD 200 per hour per party (*)
(*) Based on the WIPO Center's experience, an average WIPO trade mark mediation involves up to 15 hours.
More details on SMC Mediation for IPOS proceedings can be found here
|SGD 267.50 (inclusive of GST) per party
SGD 2,942.50 (inclusive of GST) per party per day, which includes:
This fee only applies for disputes that are not monetarily quantifiable.
- Mediator's fee (*)
- Rental of premises at Supreme Court
- Food and beverage charges for lunch and refreshments
(*) When parties choose their own Mediator, the selected Mediator is entitled to charge his/her commercial rates.
Please contact SIMC (Aloysius Goh) for more details on SIMC Mediation for IPOS proceedings.
SGD 5,500 for 2 parties, which includes:
SGD 2,750 per additional party, if there are more than 2 parties
- 2 tea breaks (no lunch)
- Case management
- Mediator fee