The application must include:
- The name, address, address for service in Singapore, and nationality of the applicant
- The capacity in which the applicant is applying for registration
- The representation of the geographical indication for which registration is sought
- The geographical area to which the geographical indication applies
- The goods to which the geographical indication applies
- The quality, reputation or other characteristic is essentially attributable to the place from which the goods originate
- Where the geographical indication for which registration is sought relates to a qualifying country other than Singapore, evidence that the geographical indication has obtained recognition or registration as a geographical indication in the qualifying country of origin
- Application fee of S$1,000
Where any of the above information (except for (c)) in its native language is not in English, a suitable transliteration in English or an English translation should be provided.
If any of the above information is not furnished or the prescribed fee is not paid, the application is treated as not filed.
|If these requirements are complied with:
||If these requirements are not complied with:
|Your application will proceed to the Examination stage.
||You will be notified by the Registrar to furnish the necessary information or pay the application fee within a stipulated deadline. If you fail to do so, your application will be treated as withdrawn.