Industry 4.0: Taking your Innovation and IP abroad
Manufacturing remains a significant contributor to Singapore’s economy, about 20% of its GDP. As the nation aspires to build a strong advanced manufacturing base, companies need to recognise the importance of adopting Industry
4.0 (i4.0) technologies, building up their innovation capabilities and developing their talent to take on jobs in advanced manufacturing. In addition, companies may want to consider expanding their businesses abroad and
leverage strongly on their intangible assets to create a competitive advantage for themselves.
Jointly organised by Singapore Business Federation (SBF), Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) and Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS), this seminar aims to offer insights on how companies can take their intellectual
property (IP) abroad, protect their intangible assets and maximise their commercial value to generate more profits. The i4.0 Human Capital Initiative will also be introduced to encourage companies to equip their employees with people
management and job redesign skills for successful i4.0 transformation.
Date: 29 March 2021
Time: 2.30pm to 5.15pm
Venue: Zoom or SBF Centre (Seminar Room 1 to 3)
|Programme Flow |
|2.30pm –3.00pm ||Registration and Temperature Checks |
|3.00pm to 3.05pm ||Opening Remarks by Lawrence Pek, Secretary-General, SMF |
|3.05pm to 3.20pm ||An Outlook of the Manufacturing Landscape |
|3.20pm to 3.35pm ||Taking your IP abroad – What to look out for during international expansion? |
Speaker: Benjamin Cheong, Partner, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Intellectual Property, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP
|3.35pm to 4.45pm |
Panel Discussion from the corporate perspective: How can companies better manage their Intangible Assets?
Moderator: Ong Pei Wen, Head, Enterprise Engagement, IPOS International
- Fu Zhikang, IP Strategist, IPOS International
- Tyler Capson, Managing Director –Asia, Everedge
- Lawrence Pek, Secretary-General, SMF
- A representative from a manufacturing company
|4.45pm to 5.00pm ||Building up your capabilities -Sharing on i4.0 Human Capital Initiative (IHCI) |
|5.00pm to 5.15pm ||Q&A Session |
|5.15pm ||End of programme |
Administrative Details (For Attendees at SBF Centre)
- Arrive 30 minutes in advance and scan for temperature and check-in SafeEntry [for SBF Centre] at SBF Centre lobby.
- Please inform concierge of their access to Level 6 and purpose of visit.
- Check-in SafeEntry [at Level 6], wear masks upon entry at Level 6, and observe safe distancing of at least 1 metre apart, in all rooms at ALL times.
- No inter-mingling is allowed.
- Food and drinks will not be provided.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.