The Professional Conversion Programme for Intellectual Property Professionals (IP-PCP) is a collaboration between the Workforce Singapore (WSG) and IPOS designed to help Singapore-based companies and firms to nurture new-hires who aspire to advance their career in the IP and innovation space. The IP-PCP aims to equip individuals with the expertise in IP and innovation management, and translation of innovation into assets – skills critical in the future innovation-driven economy. The IP-PCP provides different course options and funding to groom different IP job roles: IP Management Advisor, IP Technology Advisor and Patent Agent.
Who can apply?
To register as a participating company, the company must be
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Able to provide a supervisor who will mentor and train the trainee for the duration of the Programme
Nominated employees must be:
- A Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who has graduated for at least 2 years
- Newly hired or hired for no more than 12 months with the participating company prior to applying
- Must not have undertaken the course specific to the IP-PCP track that he/she is applying for
- Successfully enrolled into the course specific to the IP-PCP track that he/she is applying for
- Must hold at least a Bachelor's degree in Science and/or Engineering disciplines if applying for IP Technology or Patent Agent tracks
The trainee must also complete and pass the course and continue to be employed by the participating company for the duration of the course in order to qualify for the grants. Participating companies must also submit all progress reports and documentation as required by IPOS.
How does it work?
For more details on the approved course(s), for the IP-PCP, please refer to Singapore University of Social Sciences.
How to apply?
The application period for IP-PCP 2018 has ended. The next application period will commence in Feb 2019.
List of Participating Companies
Companies with hiring opportunities and who are interested to be listed on IPOS website, please write in to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of company
- Contact person name, email and number
- Job role hiring for: Trainee IP management advisor, Trainee IP technology advisor or trainee patent agent
For enquiries of the IP-PCP, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org