Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not use this website or any services available through it. By using this website and/or any of the services available through it, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Requestors of both the IP Business and Legal Clinics, and relate to the relationship between IPOS and yourself.
3. IPOS reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time. The amended version will be published on the IPOS website. The amended Terms and Conditions will take effect from the time they are first published on the IPOS website and will replace any previous version.
4. The IP Business and Legal Clinics consultants are either volunteers or independent contractors, and are providing the services in their own capacity. They are not agents of IPOS, and do not represent IPOS in any manner. The IP Business and Legal Clinics are provided in the form of a 45-minute session in which the consultant will provide only oral advice to you.
5. All advice provided by the IP Business and Legal consultants are provided in their own capacity or that of their company. IPOS is not involved in the transaction of the provision of such advice other than providing the online booking system for the arrangement of the clinic sessions. Consequently, you agree as a condition for requesting a Business or Legal Clinic session that IPOS shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or harm arising from any reliance on the advice provided by the IP Business or Legal consultant, and that IPOS shall not be subject to any claim for damages (whether direct, indirect, punitive, additional, special, consequential or otherwise) resulting from any advice provided by the IP Business or Legal consultant.
Payment for IP Legal Clinics
6. By requesting an IP Legal Clinic session, you agree that all fees in respect of the session shall be paid by you to the consultant directly. IPOS will reimburse you of these fees upon your submission of the necessary documentation (including the relevant tax invoice, proof of payment, and a completed claim submission form).
Cancellation of Business and Legal Clinics
7. IPOS reserves the right to cancel any IP Business or Legal Clinic session, at any time before the clinic starts, in its absolute discretion. You agree that IPOS shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or harm, and shall not be subject to any claim for damages (whether direct, indirect, punitive, additional, special, consequential or otherwise) arising from the cancellation of any IP Business or Legal Clinic, whether by IPOS or by the consultant.
Privacy and Confidentiality
8. All data (including any personal data) gathered for the purposes of the IP Business and Legal Clinics is gathered on behalf of IPOS. You agree and consent to IPOS and its subsidiary companies (collectively, the “IPOS Group”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your personal data from time to time, and disclosing and sharing such personal data to the IPOS Group’s authorised service providers, and relevant parties for one or more of the purposes as set out in the IPOS Group Data Protection Policy, but this does not include the sharing or disclosing of highly sensitive personal data such as bank account information. Your data (including any personal data) shall be protected and used in the manner as described in the IPOS Privacy Statement and the IPOS Group Data Protection Policy. The consultants for your IP Legal Clinic session may also request your personal data (e.g. NRIC number) for the purposes of carrying out conflict of interests checks and other necessary due diligence checks prior to the session. By requesting an IP Legal Clinic session, you agree to provide the consultant with such information, where necessary.
9. By requesting an IP Legal Clinic session, you acknowledge that you have not, prior to the request, disclosed any information or document related to your matter to the consultant assigned to you. You may provide such information or document to the consultant only after first making the request, in preparation for the session.
10. The confidential information that you provide to the IP Business or Legal Clinic consultant shall be protected in accordance with the confidentiality rules that govern that particular relationship. The default mode of the clinic sessions will be through videoconferencing. While all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the IP Business or Legal Clinic consultant uses videoconferencing platforms that are suitable and secure, IPOS will not be responsible for any breach in security or other issues that may give rise to a loss of confidentiality. Where confidential information is disclosed through videoconferencing platforms, you agree as a condition for requesting a Business or Legal Clinic session that IPOS shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or harm arising any loss of confidentiality arising from the use of such videoconferencing platforms, and that IPOS shall not be subject to any claim for damages (whether direct, indirect, punitive, additional, special, consequential or otherwise) resulting from the same.
11. IPOS reserves the right to allow no more than 1 tertiary student and 1 IPOS staff member to attend an IP Legal Clinic session and no more than 1 IPOS staff member to attend an IP Business Clinic session for training and quality-monitoring purposes. By requesting an IP Legal or Business Clinic session, you consent to the attendance of the aforesaid persons at the session. All reasonable steps will be taken to keep all disclosed
information and documents confidential, including obtaining such information and documents only on a need-to-know basis, encrypting data transmission, and signing non-disclosure agreements where appropriate.
12. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be severed and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.