Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not use this website or any services available through it. By using this website and/or any of the services available through it, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. These terms and conditions apply to the participants of both the IP Business and Legal Clinics (Participants), and relate to the relationship between IPOS and yourself.
3. IPOS reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time. The amended version will be published on the IPOS website. The amended Terms and Conditions will take effect from the time they are first published on the IPOS website and will replace any previous version.
4. The IP Business and Legal Clinics Consultants are either volunteers or independent contractors, and are providing the services in their own capacity. They are not agents of IPOS, and do not represent IPOS in any manner.
5. All advice provided by the IP Business and Legal Consultants are provided in their own capacity or that of their company. IPOS is not involved in the transaction of the provision of such advice other than setting up the venue and arranging for the Participant and the Consultants to meet. Consequently, you agree as a condition for requesting a Business or Legal Clinic session that IPOS shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or harm arising from any reliance on the advice provided by the IP Business or Legal Consultant, and that IPOS shall not be subject to any claim for damages (whether direct, indirect, punitive, additional, special, consequential or otherwise) resulting from any advice provided by the IP Business or Legal Consultant.
Cancellation of Business and Legal Clinics
6. Notwithstanding any confirmation notice by IPOS, IPOS reserves the right to cancel any IP Business or Legal Clinic session at any time before the clinic starts in its absolute discretion. You agree that IPOS shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or harm, and shall not be subject to any claim for damages (whether direct, indirect, punitive, additional, special, consequential or otherwise) arising from the cancellation of any IP Business or Legal Clinic.
Privacy and Confidentiality
7. All data (including any personal data) gathered for the purposes of the IP Business and Legal Clinics is gathered on the part of IPOS. You agree and consent to IPOS and its subsidiary companies (collectively, the “IPOS Group”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your personal data from time to time, and disclosing and sharing such personal data to the IPOS Group’s authorised service providers, and relevant parties for one or more of the purposes as set out in the IPOS Group Data Protection Policy, but this does not include the sharing or disclosing of highly sensitive personal data such as bank account information. Your data (including any personal data) shall be protected and used in the manner as described in the IPOS Privacy Statement and the IPOS Group Data Protection Policy.
8. The confidential information that a Participant provides to the IP Business or Legal Consultant shall be protected in accordance with the confidentiality rules that govern that particular relationship.
9. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be severed and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.