Where Bright Sparks Set Off - The Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) is the lead government agency that formulates and administers Intellectual Property laws, promotes IP awareness and provides the infrastructure to facilitate greater development of Intellectual Property in Singapore. We are looking for astute individuals to be at the forefront of our exciting team. Come as we light your way to a more rewarding career.
We also have additional openings below:
Chief Executive Office
Post (1) : Personal Assistant
Corporate Services Group
Post (2): Senior Executive, Human Capital Department
Post (3): Assistant Director, Communications & Engagement Department
Post (4): Senior Executive, Communications & Engagement Department
Post (5): Senior Executive, International Engagement Department
Post (6) : Senior Executive, Customer Service and Information Department
The responsibilities of the Senior Executive include but not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement data policies, data classifications, standards and procedures to support IPOS’s and Whole-of–Government’s data management efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain, review, enhance and implement data governance policies, standards and procedures for IPOS.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant data policies and standards that govern the Public Sector.
3. Provide user administration and support to all users of IPOS registries' system (IP2SG), manage and track service requests and provide IP2SG support via replying to emails/phone enquiries.
4. Work closely with users, vendor and IT department on service request and enhancements to the system like mobile applications and the like.
Post (7) : Senior Executive, Registry of Patents
The successful candidate will be involved in matters relating to the processing of patent applications and requests. Responsibilities include:
Post (8) : Associate Trade Mark Examiner
Recruitment of trade mark examiners
A trade mark can be any letter, word, name, shape, colour, aspect of packaging or a combination of these elements. Even sounds or smells may qualify as trademarks.
Trade marks play a very important role in the marketing and branding of businesses. Just think about the stylized "bird" that is on the tailfin of every SIA plane, or the "key" that is on the cover of every POSB passbook.
We are currently looking to recruit trade mark examiners. As an examiner, you will work with other colleagues in the Registry of Trade Marks to review trade mark applications and ensure that they meet the requirements of our law. You may also be involved in the formulation and implementation of our policies relating to the registration of trademarks.
Examining a trade mark application requires a combination of good analytical skills and some understanding of, or interest in, how businesses brand, market and identify themselves.
Broadly speaking, the examiner has to:
1. Decide if a trade mark distinctly identifies the trade origin of the relevant goods/services applied for;
2. Conduct a search for conflicting marks that are on the trade mark register; and
3. Review the description of goods/services where the trade mark will be used against international standards of classifying such goods/services.
Trade mark examiners are expected to communicate with applicants or their legal representatives on the outcome of the examination, raise objections to the application, if need be, and consider responses from applicants to these objections. Examiners also have to provide assistance to members of the public who have queries on trade mark related matters.
Apart from examination of applications, an examiner will also be asked to take on administrative roles and responsibilities which are necessary for the proper functioning of the department and to meet the larger organizational goals of IPOS.
Lastly, as you develop in seniority and deepen your expertise as a professional examiner, your role will expand to include supervision, mentoring and coaching responsibilities.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following credentials, qualities and skills:
1. Hold a university degree (from any background) with a good academic standing;
2. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an awareness of the need to provide good customer service;
3. Demonstrate sound research, analytical, comprehension and decision-making skills;
4. Be good with details;
5. Be interested in, or have some understanding of, how businesses brand, market and identify themselves;
6. Be self-motivated and driven to excel and meet challenges ;
7. Be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment whilst being responsible for individual output targets and deadlines;
8. Be able to multi-task and manage projects concurrently from time to time.
What we can offer
1. An attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
2. Opportunities for professional and personal development, including being sent for specialized courses within and outside of IPOS.
3. After accumulating a certain level of seniority and experience, opportunities for secondments and exposure to a variety of professional settings, whether within or outside of IPOS, to widen your horizons and give you a chance to gain varied professional experience.
Learning and Development
1. When you start your new job with us, you will undertake a training program along with other successful applicants. You must complete all stages of the program successfully within the specified timeframes to meet the conditions of engagement. A full salary will be paid during the training programme.
2. Training initially focuses on specific technical skills, and includes group sessions and individual on-the-job training. However, we believe in continuous learning and will find opportunities for examiners at all levels to undergo training within IPOS or with external agencies.
An attractive remuneration package that commensurates with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate. Please submit your completed job application form to the Human Capital Director via the email to IPOS_Personnel@ipos.gov.sg or mail your application to the address stated below.
Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
51 Bras Basah Road #01-01
Manulife Centre, Singapore 189554
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified for an interview.
Download Application Form
Page/Section owned by Siti Hajar. Questions? Drop us an email here.